I’m always up to try a new Pinterest recipe especially when I’m in heavy edit mode on my manuscript. When I’m on a roll with writing, I hate stopping to have to prepare something. So, I did a search and found these energy balls. They were super easy to make and I loved that I could pack them in my computer bag and take them with me to the coffee shop. A girl needs energy while scrolling through thousands of words trying to figure out how her story is going to end.
Is anyone else still trying to master the art of multi-tasking? Juggling real world responsibilities with finding ways to pave your own path? Sometimes it’s exhausting and by 8pm my eyes are heavy and I’m ready to crawl into bed. Somedays I give in and others I can’t until I finished what I started. If any of this sounds like you, try the energy balls! I found the recipe on I Heart Naptime, but altered it a little adding in 2 tbsp of chia seeds and a quarter cup of unsweetened coconut.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp chia seedS
HOW TO MAKE
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix (I used my hands. It’s messy, but way easier to mix)
- Line freezer with parchment paper or tin foil
- Roll mixture into bite sized bals and place in freezer for about 1 hour to firm up
For storage info and all the details click here.