Sam knows how much I’m all about trying unique restaurants when we go somewhere new. The day before he ran the Little Rock marathon we had lunch at a cute cafe called The Root. I ordered a sparkling lavender lemonade and when I got home I was determined to figure out how to make it.
I did a little research and then ventured down to the Savory Spice Shop in Franklin to pick up some lavender. My replica recipe was pretty spot on so I’m sharing if you’re looking for a fun new drink idea. I can picture me making many of these for sunny summer days while writing by the pool.
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (juice from about 1 and 1/2 lemons)
- 1-2 tsp of lavender
- 3/4 cup carbonated water (I used my soda stream, but I think club soda would work well too)
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat bring 1/4 cup water, honey and lavender to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add lemon juice to mixture and stir.
- Pour mixture through stainer into a glass over ice and then add 3/4 cup carbonated water.
- Stir and sip!
*If you want a stronger lavender taste, let the boiled mixture cool for a longer period of time, 1-2 hours.