Being lucky enough to grow up in Western NY, we had every type of sports team to root for. Now living in Charlotte I still get to experience that hometown pride with professional teams like the Checkers, Knights, Bobcats (soon to be Hornets) and Panthers. Today, I wanted to talk about my experience with a newly formed major league team here in the area you may not be familiar with. They are in their 3rd season here in Charlotte and last season made it all the way to the Championships! They are the Charlotte Hounds, part of the Major League Lacrosse franchise. I’m lucky enough to be a part of the dance team affiliated with them, The Foxes. Last Saturday was the first game and I had an absolute blast! If you haven’t been to a game, I highly recommend. Whether you attend with friends or family, it is sure to be a good time for all. Why? Don’t worry, I’ll tell you!
1. Family Friendly environment: With Blue, the Hounds mascot all around during the game, kids love to say hi, give a high five or dance along with him! There’s many young sports or school groups who are recognized during games that attend. During the home opener on April 26, KIPP Charlotte was on the field as part of the human tunnel that welcomed this years team onto the field!
2. Lots of fun prizes: With on the field contests and different fan fun, you could have a chance to win fun prizes! Bring your best dance moves to the game and you could be lucky enough to win! Last game there were winners of Harris Teeter Gift Cards and a free pizza!
3. Meet and Greet: After the games, the players show their thanks to all of their fans by signing autographs and shaking hands. A must for all sports fans in the areas! The kids loved it and it showed with their beaming faces and endless smiles as headed towards the parking lots at nights end.
4. Fast paced competition: With not very much downtime between quarters, the half or time outs, fans will spend most of their time cheering on the Hounds as they try to make their way to the goal. You’ll be on your toes as the ball changes possession many times throughout.
5. The Foxes: Of course I had to mention us! You’ll find us all around on game days, handing out programs, showing our support, performing and pumping up the fans from beginning to end! Don’t be afraid to stop by and say hi!